Monday, January 31, 2011

The Writer Never Dies

So...err...ummm....why exactly haven't I blogged in over a year? New love, new job, new church, new fears, and a new hour-long commute are the easiest culprits for the pause in my creative offerings. But the real culprit is that I was afraid to do the very thing that writers are supposed to do...BE REAL. As the eternal optimist, it was hard for me to admit that I was struggling...HARD. The new job I prayed for with every ounce of my being for two years went from the new job to the nightmare to the de-merger to the new, new, better job in three months. (Bring me a good bottle of white wine and I'll be glad to share that story with you in detail!) The new love was a beautiful surprise that went from hopeful expectations to a string of broken promises. The new commute kicked my ass and the cherry on top of it all was having the worse fight ever with one of my best friends for six weeks. The only thing that held me together was my new church and a belief that the God that brought me this far would never leave me.

So why blog again? Because my sister Wanda constantly asks me "Whatever happened to your blog?" Because my dear Mama Juanita told me that something I wrote helped her get through a tough day. Because I looked at the metrics on my old blog and discovered that I had readers as far away as the Ukraine. Most importantly, I step out on faith and blog again because writing isn't just what I do...IT'S WHO I AM. What I know for sure is that BEING a writer is THE thing that God put me on earth to do. And I now understand that my writing shouldn't be just about the beautiful, the awesome, and the amazing; it also must include the difficult, the frightening, and the downright scary. If you are willing to join me on the ride, I pray that as I write and fully live my truth, you will be inspired to do the same. So, here it is, friends, my blog, take #3. Welcome to my life, my thoughts, and MY SOUL ON A PLATTER.

And while my new thoughts are still percolating, you can enjoy my last blog "The Lifestyles of a Cury and Fabulous Diva" here http://curvyandfabblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment